Friday, December 10, 2010

Here and there... at Central Market



Few weeks ago, we went to Central Market to meet up with a very long-time friend, Tony who is now residing in Melbourne. I haven't met him in like 20 years I guess.

We were supposed to meet at McD's there, but it was already closed for some time ( see, that shows how long I've not been to that area ), so we decided to have lunch at KFC instead. The side alley between Central Market and the row of old shophouses (which houses KFC) was also closed off to "renovate" it into a pedestrian mall. If I remember correctly, that area was already a pedestrian mall... maybe we need more ugly updated things there.. who knows..?



Tony looks almost like he did before. Except of course we all do grow older...




Between the three of us, we miraculously finished this tub.


Halway during our lunch, Shin called to say he was close by and wanted to join us. He came with another friend, who soon left. Then all four of us went into Central Market to browse around.


I like this colourful display at Famous Amos. Pity I can't eat them.




Another sinfully sweet display




There were many shops and stalls displaying bric-bracs




Someone would like this.. but I think it is too tiny.




No, these aren't real. But they look good enough.

...and right after the above shot, a security guard came over and told us we can't take pictures inside Central Market without "proper permission" (whatever that means). I didn't want to argue with him so I just gave him a blank look and kept my camera away.

I saw many other others taking pictures but they were not told off. But then again they appeared to be foreign tourists, so I supposed it's OK for them. Only the locals are not allowed apparently. Presumably they don't want locals to promote Central Market and its contents. So I conclude the place isn't meant much for us poor common locals...



Till the next posting~~!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello my dear friend,
You are so kind in your comments about me.
Love your Blog, so colorful and professional, great way to express yourself creatively.
Keep it up.
Tony