Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brazen arrhythmia for Gong Xi Fa Cai..

.
“Give me a little heart and soul; must I beg you?”

With the halo of a minor miracle above my head, I managed to wash two loads of laundry without the machine protesting its over-used gears.  I didn’t even trip on the uneven ground when I hung up the clothes.  And back neighbour didn’t even snoop on me.  The leftover mosquitoes attacked me though..

The wind-chime came down. My table was re-aligned. The side tables were cleared off its active clutter. I swept a portion of the floor. I even went out for a haircut at a barber nearby. I ate lunch at a restaurant and chanced upon the doctor who treated me.  He shook my hand(?) and  I shook my head later in disbelief..

I had a reunion meal of leftover kuah masak merah and fresh macaroni with my shadow.  Nice and quiet.  No clatter of plates and no inane chatter of tongues ever nothing. Masters Of Chants reverberated in my house at deafening volume : no neighbours around next door.  Heck, I didn’t care, because I’m entitled to celebrate too..

Chatted with Lemon online for a bit.  Always the nice boy who keeps my spirits up with his many cute repeks and antics. Had my usual cafe au lait and a bit of biscuits later.  Recalled a Nicole Rieu song and posted the French lyrics with my own translation (horrendously naive I think)..

Had time enough to reflect upon many before’s and after’s. Had the audacity to jump to a few conclusions. And the mindful tenacity not to jump into bed with some illusions. I listened to my heart.  Although the beatings were sometimes irregular, it is still my heart.

Then the tyger burning brightly in the forest of the night came by… 

Be still, my beating heart..   gong xi…  gong xi

No comments: